Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Suminoya buffet

Went to 1 Hosking Place, Sydney for a friends birthday. It was a barbeque buffet where you ordered whatever you wanted from the menu within a certain timeframe. The scallops were the frozen types.


Food was decent although the rice dishes were all rather bland. My favourite meat was the beef tongue. I really wanted to try the sausages however somehow, we always managed to burn it.

My favourite were the salads and the sashimi. We had 8 people so we ordered a couple of everything. The corn came in small metal dishes with a knob of butter. The whole dish went on the grill and it was fantastic. The fresh corn kernels swimming in melted butter....yum


Sashimi was quite fresh, we had salmon, kingfish, tuna and squid, the eel was rather plain but the salads were awesome. My favourite was the seafood and seaweed salad.

This was the extent of the whole menu which included desert of vanilla ice-cream, green tea ice-cream, lemon sorbet or coffee jelly.

This was the first time I've tried 'Yukke' which is marinated raw beef with raw egg yolk. It was great!! I really liked it and ate plenty of it.

2 comments:

Betty @ The Hungry Girl said...

Oh, I've been here once before, loved the salads as well. But I felt under pressure with the time-frame! Loved the green tea ice cream dessert as well :)

Katherine said...

Hi. This buffet looks great I might give it a try. Everything looks so fresh. I loooove sashimi...

Post a Comment